bit torrent for OS 9

Reaction score
is anyone aware of a bit torrent client that will still operate with OS9. Simply cannot afford the upgrade.

All answers gratefully received!
:D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
is anyone aware of a bit torrent client that will still operate with OS9. Simply cannot afford the upgrade.

All answers gratefully received!
:D

If what your saying is...do we know of a way to download free applications that should be purchased (regardless of the OS used on the computer)...we don't discuss such things!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And there is no official support for a bit torrent client under CLassic OS (.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If what your saying is...do we know of a way to download free applications that should be purchased (regardless of the OS used on the computer)...we don't discuss such things!

- Nick

Don't jump to that conclusion. There are perfectly legitimate uses for Bittorrent. For example, I use it all the time to speed up downloads of Linux distros.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Don't jump to that conclusion. There are perfectly legitimate uses for Bittorrent. For example, I use it all the time to speed up downloads of Linux distros.

Agreed. Unless the user says, "I want to download movie torrents, I want to download OSX torrents, what torrent client is the best"? Then we should try and help them. I used torrent download for the Alpha of Haiku OS and the latest Open Suse and seed them which both wanted people to do. That is not illegal.

I know of NO torrent application for OS9 and before. If I find one I will post a URL here for you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
cwa107 & dtravis7...that's why I prefaced my post with..."If what your saying is......the key word being "If".

Also the OP's statement of..."Simply cannot afford the upgrade."...starts the "spider-senses" tingling...that something may not be "kosher"!;)

"Simply cannot afford the upgrade."...could mean a number of things...but when you combine:

"Torrent + Cannot afford the upgrade"...to me this smells of something fishy!!!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
cwa107 & dtravis7...that's why I prefaced my post with..."If what your saying is......the key word being "If".

Also the OP's statement of..."Simply cannot afford the upgrade."...starts the "spider-senses" tingling...that something may not be "kosher"!;)

"Simply cannot afford the upgrade."...could mean a number of things...but when you combine:

"Torrent + Cannot afford the upgrade"...to me this smells of something fishy!!!;)

- Nick
i didn't notice the cannot afford part good point

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

- Nick

If you have concerns about a post (any post), just click the "!" report this post button and let the mods take care of it. Then you don't need to make any assumptions or read between any lines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.