Where should I buy my new PB? (US)

C

cal4ever

Hello all,

I was wondering where I should purchase my PB? Originally, I was going to buy my 12'' PB at the local Apple Store (Emeryville, CA). But after reading the posts on this forum (especially the one about the cracked screen), I don't think I trust Apple Care anymore. I would prefer to have a better care plan (i.e. like Comp USA's or any store like that). However, if I bought my PB at a store other than an Apple Store, I would not get the student discount--or would I? Any thoughts? Is saving a few hundred dollar worth it if I can't even get a decent care plan? Or should I just shell out more money for a better care plan.

Thanks!

OP
B

BeyondxBelief

I think you should get it at a Apple Store to get the discount. Other retailers such as Compusa or Bestbuy plans won't cover cracked screens either on their plans. I say stick with the Apple Store for the discount.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think the problem with the cracked screen is how the screen got cracked. This is the second one I have heard of (cracked because the way it was placed in a book bag). I know that there many, many happy laptop users up there, with no problems (self included). Don't let two situation trouble you. Of all the reports I have read Apple Care has come through for the individual.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.