Cost to change MB Keyboard?

Reaction score
I used search and fouond threads about swapping keyboards from one language to another, but no mention of price. what is the standard price (US) to change out a keyboard on a MB aluminum? thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I used search and fouond threads about swapping keyboards from one language to another, but no mention of price. what is the standard price (US) to change out a keyboard on a MB aluminum? thanks!

If you mean having it done "professionally"...probably best to call your closest Apple Store. Then you can compare that price to a DIY cost, or an authorized reseller cost.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
nick - thanks and you're right I should have stated that I preferred to take it into the apple store, but wanted to ask around here before calling to get an idea of price. thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nick - thanks and you're right I should have stated that I preferred to take it into the apple store, but wanted to ask around here before calling to get an idea of price. thanks!

I would just give the Apple Store a quick call. I don't think that they will hassle you or anything...plus if you really need the keyboard replaced, and you want the Apple Store to do the work...they would be your most accurate source for the costs.

Can you share what happened to your keyboard or what it's not doing?

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
I just called the Apple Store in Augusta, GA and they were very nice but said they did not perform theat service in thier store and didn't think the one in Atlanta did either. She suggested to call local reseller stores in town to see if they could do it. might be a DIY afterall, lol. I will be travelling over seas in Jan adn wanted to practice using the in country language on my keybaird before the trip.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just called the Apple Store in Augusta, GA and they were very nice but said they did not perform theat service in thier store and didn't think the one in Atlanta did either. She suggested to call local reseller stores in town to see if they could do it. might be a DIY afterall, lol. I will be travelling over seas in Jan adn wanted to practice using the in country language on my keybaird before the trip.

Hmmm...that's surprising. I would have thought that the Apple Store would have done almost any repair or part replacement on an Apple computer, especially if it is a newer model (meaning 2-3 years old). The only question would be if the cost was worth it vs. DIY.

Maybe you could search the internet for DIY instructions/videos on replacing the keyboard for your laptop. Depending on the model, it may not be a big deal.

- Nick

Reaction score
I would check with PeachMac on Washington Rd in Evans. They can handle just about anything. I use them for all my Mac stuff, not the Apple Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.