Windows XP via Boot Camp won't boot

Reaction score
I have an aluminum MacBook(early 2009) with OSX and Windows XP installed. I also have an external display connected thru vga -> mini Displayport.

I recently booted in to xp with the screen connected then later turned off the computer THEN disconnected the screen. Now xp won't boot, just gives a loud high pitched beep then restarts.

I have had this happen to me before and the only way that I have found to fix it is connecting the vga adapter(with OR without the screen) and start windows. The only problem now is I'm not going to be home for a while and the adapter is at home.

I need a different way to fix the problem then the one described above please.

Reaction score
well if you tell me what boot camp is I might be able to help i have had issues like it before but not with boot camp

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot into Windows using Safe Mode. That should get you up and running on the internal display. (Press F8 to boot into Safe Mode.) Also read the following MS KB article: LINK Once in Safe Mode you can switch monitors.

Regards.

OP
V
Reaction score
Still doesn't work

Well ive tried booting into safe mode and changing screen settings. but it won't let me change any settings besides my macbook's screen res, and doesn't even do anything. I even uninstalled the nvidia drivers then reinstalled them from the 10.6 cd. nothing but a high pitched squeal. I'm even back at home now and I tried plugging it into the screen, NOTHING (sorry for the yelling LOL). Is there a way to reset xp without lossing my programs and data. I do have the cd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.