problems installing Cinema 4D

Reaction score
Hi, I was recently having problems with Cinema 4D not working properly, I uninstalled then reinstalled this programme (as i have done previously when having the same problem) and it was still not working properly. I phoned MAXON, the makers of the software who told me to uninstall and reinstall again. I uninstalled but was not able to reinstall this time as my mac would get halfway through installation and then come up with the following error message:

"A disk error has occurred while reading from this disk. Please contact technical support"

I left this for a couple of weeks and tried again and it did the same thing...I tried to install the programme on my PC and it allowed me to install so I have to assume that it's a problem with the mac....why would it install one minute and then suddenly not allow me to install, what can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
There may be dirt or scratches on the disk, try giving it a good clean or consider making a copy of the install disk

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks, how do I copy the install disk? Why would it work on the PC and not the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can use disk utility. Insert the disk, open Disk utility, selct the disk and select New Image. But give the disk a clean first

Once it is read you can hit the burn image to burn a new disk from the disk image you made. Or you can mount the disk image and do an install straight from that.

Hopefully if you have cleaned the disk, and any error correction worked when you made the image you should be OK.

Obviously the damage to the disk has occurred on the part of the disk that contains the install for OSX

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.