mac pro not booting up first time!

Reaction score
Hi,

My Mac Pro lately does not boot up first time, I get the grey screen with the apple on it all loading fine... then a blue screen which is when my account login screen should appear but it doesn't just stays blue. I then have to hold down power switch until it shuts down then boot it up again and it works fine!!!!!

For one of the most expensive machines on the market i've had a lot of problems with it, over heating and crashes is one and collecting a mass amount of dust inside would be another issue and cause the fan to spin very loudly...

So anyone experienced this booting up issue before?

Ta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8-core MacPro
dukeofhazard69,

this happened with my MacPro in the past. I tried a lot if things which got this problem solved although I don't know which one specifically corrected the problem.

1. Start your computer with the SHIFT key pressed. This will force a safe boot and it will run a HD verify/repair.
2. Reset PRAM (Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM)
3. Install Onyx (Download OnyX for Mac - OS X maintenance & optimization tool. MacUpdate Mac Optimizers Software Downloads) and run it. Choose Automation and select everything (just to be safe).
4. I have a license of Drive Genius, so I also run it (from the DVD or from a second boot drive). Select Repair, choose your boot drive and then Rebuild.

Try 1 to 3 above and let me know if it worked.

Joster

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.