RAID 0 question

Reaction score
I have a Lacie big disk two drive raid 0 HD.
I would like to use these two drives as separate "normal" drives. Is there any way to separate them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
1) Backup all data
2) Destroy the RAID config
3) Create partition(s) on each drive
4) Format each partition
5) Restore data from backup

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
disk utility :)

Example: 1TB big drive - erase and make 2 500GB partitions, format HFS (or leave it default) and off you go!

OP
V
Reaction score
disk utility :)

Example: 1TB big drive - erase and make 2 500GB partitions, format HFS (or leave it default) and off you go!

Well, that's what I did try first, also, just erased the drive to see if that would make it two..., but as far as I understand, it will partition the two drives still in a raid 0 set, means half and half twice. Actually, right now I have four partitions on it.
I just don't get you, partitions and physical drives are in my opinion two different things, isn't that so???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
What tool did you use to create the RAID 0 initially ?
I assume you need the same tool to undo the RAID ( un-group )

Then you will have 2 separate disks in Disk Utility and you can start creating partitions on each of them.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.