Fan in the macbook aluminium 13.3"

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have installed fan control in my mac,
but after a few weeks, i can hear the fan working, i mean, its not loud, i can here a little if i put my hear close to the laptop, the mac doesn´t get hot, when i am not using application, it goes from 43 to 47ºC only, and when using photoshop, dreamweaver, and flash all at the same time, it goes from 50 to 64ºC is that normal??
Also, the fan seems to be working constantly non stop, like i said, it not loud at all, simply you can hear it spining in silent.

Do i need to start worrying ? My macbook only has 5 months of use and i also reinstalled a clean installation and still same.

Thanks guys,

OP
L
Reaction score
oh yeah, forgot to mention, it doesn´t get hot at all.....only alittle warm when i use alot of applications

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The fans are thermostatically controlled by a built-in chip in your MacBook. When you use a program like SMCFanControl, you're defeating that logic and also second-guessing the engineers who designed your machine. If you're spinning the fans constantly at high speed, you will wear them down faster, and they will get noisier sooner.

My advice would be to remove SMCFanControl and don't worry about the temps, the machine will take care of itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.