MBP stuck in login window

Reaction score
Help please.

Two nights ago I shutdown my MBP running 10.5.8 leopard for no reason at all. I do not normally shutdown just suspend. Since then I have not been able to login. I did reset password, HD check, permission check hardware check and still no luck. Did a /sbin/fsck -f on single mode returned everything ok.

It is stuck like it is trying to login with the pinwheel spinning.

I know my files are still there when I went to my document directory.

What can I do to bring it back to life?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the NVRAM and PRAM. See the following Apple KB article: LINK If that doesn't work, also try resetting the SMC: LINK

Let us know.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
chscag, thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately after trying both recommendation I am still unable to get pass the login window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Try running Disk Utility from a Mac OS X system disc and repair permissions and verify the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Oh sorry about that. In that case, you may want to just re-install Mac OS X using the "Archive and Install" option. That's all I've got.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.