My screen only in the administrator is messed up

Reaction score
I have a Macbook 13" from 2006 with OS 10.4 Tiger. One day I was trying to link my macbook wirelessly to my girlfriend's Windows Toshiba computer to transfer some files. I created a network and made the channel automatic. I went to the system preferences file so that I could go into the sharing file to configure what I wanted to share. I was about to click into the sharing file but I accidentally click into Universal Access. How I did this I don't know, but as soon as it opened that, my entire screen messed up. It was only dark blue and black and sharp white basically. anything that was grey was completely white. I could sign out and the login page would be normal though. so I made a new account and that one works fine. I just don't have all of my stuff on it and the network is only available on the main administrator. I'm figuring that something happened to some piece of software that was vital for the display. I could only get it to look somewhat normal by changing it to 256 colors. both millions and thousands makes it look discolored. And even in 256 color the screen looks almost scratchy if you could imagine. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to get this fixed?

The pictures below depicts the situation from the first time it happened to just what it looks like now. The first one shows the file I accidently opened up (Universal Access) when this all happened. I remind you that my computer was in computer-to-computer mode. The second picture is of what it looks with the millions of colors setting and the third one is of what it looks like with 256 colors. If someone has knowledge of what I can do PLEASE SHARE!!! I found that quite a few people online in different forums have similar problems..

100_0532.jpg

100_0536.jpg

100_0538.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.