Creating an Installer with PackageManager

C

ChrisKnox

I'm trying to create an installer with the OSX Package Manger (installed from the dev tools). It needs to place files in the current user's /HOME directory, as well as the Applications folder. Do I just create a directory structure similar to the install? I've read the docs that came with the tool and I can't quite get the files in the right place. Has anyone had any experience with this tool? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks

:confused:

OP
C

ChrisKnox

Let me clarify what I am trying to do. I need to create an installer for a program that I have. I am using the package maker that comes with OSX. I am able to get the files into the correct locations. But there are 2 files that are required to be installed into the current userès HOME/library folder.

Has anyone here had any experience with this application. I just need some info on getting the files into that folder specifically. Thank you very much!

OP
C

ChrisKnox

I thought I might have to do that. I am stil fairly new at this. Do you know where I can find some good docs on getting started on this? I appreciate the help! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.