12inch powerbook g4 power problem

Reaction score
hi, ive got a 12inch powerbook, and the powersupply doesnt light up and doesnt charge my laptop, i have tried another powersupply and it doesnt work, any suggestionos, also i have a presentation tommorow , probably not gona happen now, but any help diagnosing the problem would be great thanks, newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Worst case, time to buy a new portable notebook. The 12" Powerbook was my favorite but Apple has stopped PowerPC support now.

Best case, connection problem. Turn off the machine, unplug the AC Adapter. Using a q-tip or a small cloth, wipe both connections clean (notebook and the adapter plug). No need to use water or rubbing alcohol. It may or may not work. Good luck!

OP
D
Reaction score
hi thanks ive tried it but with no luck still nothing, if it isnt the mains plug or adaptor what could it be, the powerbook was still working until the battery ran out, just hope it is repairable. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
hate to say it .. but if you did try another power supply could be your dc input board.. and this is a bugger to get too on the powerbooks..

Here is a link to ifixit

have you tried the basics ...
To reset the PRAM, hold Apple-Option-P-R simultaneously at the Apple logo.
To reset the PMU, hold down “Shift-Control-Option-Power “.

other than that ... it does not look good..

Sorry.

OP
D
Reaction score
hi, ihave no power at all to even reset the pram, im going to take it to a mac repair guy on monday, how much is this likely to cost to repair, if it is the dc. ive tried two mains cables both not brand new but still nothing worked also i tried another spare battery i had the computer worked until the battery died down, it is just not charging atall. thanks for help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.