iCal: Print Active To Do Items

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.6.2, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM
I am running Version 4.0 (1362) of iCal and would like to print only the active items of my To Do List. I can print the To Do by selecting File>Print>List and then limiting to the To Do, but it prints all items including those that have been marked as completed. This makes for a very long and unusable list.

Is there a way to filter the print to only print the items that are not complete?

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Don't know, but are you given the choice of how many pages to print? Once you've done it, you'll have a pretty good idea of how many pages the active items fill. Then just print that many. Did you search iCal Help for a better answer than that?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.6.2, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM
Doesn't really work as it sorts by date and I don't see any way to change the way the print outs sort. Funny thing is that I just want to print a simple list of my To Do items - nothing fancy. I've searched the Help as well as posted to Apple's Support Community, but no one has answered.

Seems crazy that it's not possible to just print a simple list. Lots of Widgets that collate the info, but none that print. Also several nice expanded To Do programs from 3rd parties, but I don't want to pay $50 just to be able to print.

Thanks for your ideas...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Oh. I don't mark things as completed. (Since I've no use for that, I haven't even noticed that option!) If they're done, they're deleted. Those won't print. ;)

And Help says you can sort them (only) by due date, calendar, priority, or name.
So, how about pending ones being high priority, and when you mark one completed, also change it to low priority? Will that work?

Reaction score
This thread is a couple of months old, but if you haven't found a solution you could try the AppleScript at the following link:

iCal_ToDo_List.zip

It should let you select the calendars you want a list for, choose whether to include completed items or not, and outputs a simple HTML table that opens in TextEdit so you can print it.

I say 'should' because it works for me in 10.5.8, and I did some testing of it on a couple of 10.6.x machines, and it didn't seem to misbehave, but one never knows. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.