CRUCIAL switch Question.

Reaction score
I have been wanting to switch to Mac for a long time now. However one thing has been holding be back, that is: taking notes in class. How our school takes notes is that we use tablet PCs in conjunction with a program called Windows Journal. This basically emulates a writing on a piece of lined paper with a pencil.

In any case is this possible to do on a Mac with the writing device being one of those USB Input writing slates? If so, please recommend some nice writing slate that are compat. with Mac.

Thanks in Advance:D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Maybe something like this is what you are looking for?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Once you get a wacom tablet - and connect it, OSX will add a preference pane called INK that will let you add pen input into compatible apps. You will have to test apps but I am willing to guess that Apples own apps will support this feature at least

Ink: Your Mac's Keyboard Alternative | Tips | The Mac Observer

OP
A
Reaction score
Maybe something like this is what you are looking for?

Regards.

With this would I be able to write in notepad? Also, will it convert the writing to typed text, or will it leave it as it is?

A better way to state it: Would I be able to write documents with my own handwriting like in Windows journal??

Again thanks in advance.

EDIT: Made some progress, found an app called inkBook. Anyone here know of it. Is it any good?

Link: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13476.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.