Boot camp issue

Reaction score
Iwe recently reinstalled my OSX (running snow leopard on a macbook pro) and now trying to use boot camp to install windows.

When i try to run a partition through the boot camp guide, i keep getting a message "cannot partition the disk cause there are archives that cannot be moves - try to run the disktool" yada yada..

I have arround 80gb free disc space, and recently reinstalled the OS.

How can you fix this issue? ;(

Kasper

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Was your hard drive partitioned before you reinstalled Snow Leopard? In other words, did you use Boot Camp before to install Windows? Boot Camp only works on a drive that is partitioned as one contiguous unit. If it was, you'll need to use Disk Utility from your Snow Leopard DVD and remove the other partition. Redo your hard drive into one partition. Then reinstall Snow Leopard and try Boot Camp again.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thats the strange thing. Iwe never used boot camp before (only vmware fusion..).

When i enter the disc utility.. my harddrive only has one full partition. Strange and eekk! Ill try a reinstall of OSX when i got the time.. until then, please, if anyone have a fix :)

Kasper

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.