Safari 4.0.4 Customize tool Bar

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently upgraded to Safari 4.0.4. I seem to have some problems:
1) When I click on the Customize Toolbar, the sub-menu does not show up.
2) In the process of "clicking around" trying to locate this Toolbar Sub-Menu, I clicked on the URL Address/Google Search pane, and "poof" they disappeared. Not believing what I saw, I then clicked on the "Forward/Back" Icons, and they likewise disappeared.

HELP!! (1) How do I get my Icons & Display panes back
(2) How do I see the Customize Toolbar sub-menu

I must be doing something wrong!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
There are two ways that I know of to invoke Customize Toolbar...
One is from the View Menu, and the other is to control-click (or right click) on the Title Bar, or the Toolbar. You get more options with the latter.

Which way are you doing it? If not both, what happens when you try the other one?

OP
R
Reaction score
I am trying both. I get the same response when I try either...... none. I have repaired my Permissions, and reset Safari (top 5 options), and still no luck. It in near impossible to maneuver the web without the URL Pane. Thank heavens for Google!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Go to the View menu and unhide the missing items.

OP
R
Reaction score
Done... they are all shown as "Hide Bookmarks Bar", etc, etc, but still no luck.

OP
R
Reaction score
Just un-installed & re-installed Safari 4.0.4.
Good news: I now have my URL Address / Google Search pane, & Back/Forward Icons back.
Bad News: Still can't seem to see the Toolbar-Sub-Menu when I click on Customize Toolbar.

OP
R
Reaction score
as suggested ... remove Add-Ons from the HardDrive/Input Manager folder. This works to solve the problem. Thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ah ha! Add-ons at it again!! Just use the Mac OS out of the box!!! You don't need no stinkin' add-ons!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.