Firefox frustrations

Reaction score
I have a Mac PowerPC G3 with 640mb memory version 10.2.8
I am trying to install Firefox from Safari. I think i need to install an older version ... 2.0.0.18 or 2.0.0.2 and I have installed 2.0.0.18 and it mounts on my desktop. When i double click on it to open it, it appears in my docking station (as it should) and then bounces for a couple of seconds and goes away. I have tried to drag the .dmg to my applications folder as well. Nothing seems to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you're clicking on the .dmg file, that's not the application. Don't drag the Firefox icon to your Applications folder. Drag it to the icon right next to it. Then it will install.

My apologies if I've not correctly guessed the problem you're encountering.

OP
N
Reaction score
I am just not having any luck. Must be something with the "old" computer I have. I have installed more memory, i have a new hard drive and still nothing. I am not even able to download Adobe Flash Player. Thanks for the feedback. I think i know how to fix it....dump it out the window!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Like toMACsh stated - are you correctly installing these programs or just trying to run them from the .dmg?

OP
N
Reaction score
I am correctly installing them....I have done it before and not had a problem. When my hard drive crashed and i replaced it, i have not been able to recover.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you install anything or is it just limited to Firefox and Flash?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.