Hooking up xbox to macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM, nvidiaM GT + 256, Iphone (3G), Ipod classic 80gig.
I have a unibody 15' macbook pro.
I was looking at the xbox VGA adapter cables and wondering if i were to get a adapter to convert the mini display port to vga and then connect the other adapter would that work to display xbox on my macbook? if not can anyone give me any advice on doing it, or any products that might work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm under the impression that you can't use the internal display on the computer as a monitor, but i may be wrong. It might be possible if you get a TV tuner with component inputs, and plug it in via that, but don't quote me on that.

OP
MattBrinkman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4Ghz 2gb RAM, nvidiaM GT + 256, Iphone (3G), Ipod classic 80gig.
well i know there is a product called eye tv hybrid, and i've seen people do that, but its around 120 or so. so im trying to find a cheaper solution..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I think you're confused on how that product works. It's not a converter to your video out, that will not work. It's a TV tuner/dvr. Significantly different.. and also not cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.