Syncing and iPhone and iPod touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
I've been having trouble with syncing and iPhone and an iPod touch with the same computer.

I am using my iMac with iTunes 9.0.2 along with my iTunes account to keep my iPhone 3G-S (update 3.1.2) and 1st gen 16 gig iPod Touch (update 3.1.2) synced. I have no trouble with music, videos, photos, contact, ect. But I can only get the apps to sync once on the iPod Touch, after a fresh reinstall of the OS software. I test it out a few times after a new install, I'm able to add or delete apps through iTuens. But when I try again later I can not modify the apps any more. Everything is grayed out. Almost all the apps are free ones, there are only 1 or 2 that I paid for.

I though this was something that I could do. I actually did the same thing with my old original iPhone. I kept everything updated on it and let my daughter use it as an iPod touch.

Am I missing something? Do both devices have to have the same name? Any pointers? Basically I want to manange my daughters iPod via my iTunes. Share all the music and apps between the iPod and iPhone.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
Anyone there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.