• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie HD manipulation problem

Reaction score
I am using iMovie HD 5.0.2, and I am having trouble adjusting the time of one of my clips. I heard that it could be because of the Ken Burns effect is enabled so I disabled that. But I a still having trouble lengthening it. The video is a series of pictures which I have text over and some titles over black. I get an arrow to shorten the video but not one of the arrows that goes both ways. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Reaction score
Hi Brokeenthusiast

Hope that I can help. I'm more familiar with ver. 6 of iMovie, but the following may provide a solution.....

Let's assume that you have three photos that you want to alter. Select one of your pictures (on the panel at the bottom of the screen where they are displayed) and double click.

Up pops a panel (see pic). Overtype the duration to whatever you want. Then click on 'Set'. You should see that the duration has changed on the clip. Then do the same with all the others...

Hope this does the trick.

(PS You have to select an element between the colons rather than everything at once)

Cheers Mitcherooney

View attachment 11624

View attachment 11625

OP
B
Reaction score
As you can see the only thing that I can change is the name of the slide.

Picture1.png

And when I switch to the timeline view I only get the arrow that goes to shorten the video. edit- it doesnt show in this picture but it looks like this <-|

Picture2.png

Reaction score
Hello again.

I'm surprised that you can't see the attachments - you did click on them?

Looking at your pics - lrt's work on the lower one. To make it more manageable, it's useful to stretch things a bit so you need to drag the 'blue blob' (at bottom left) to the right until you can see your photo (.dv) clearly.

Picture 4.png

Hopefully, you will be able to see the attached picture. If you select your clip you can adjust the duration by dragging the right-hand edge left or right until you're satisfied. The arrows indicate the points where a single headed or double headed arrow appears.

With luck you can adjust the duration to suit.

Cheers M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.