MBP Fan Noise

Reaction score
Hey Guys, This recently started about 1 week ago.

I used to game on it, so i had/have smcFanControl and usually run it at max speed so the computer can keep cool (haha keep cool, can sizzle eggs on it). So ive stopped playing games on it, and when the computer gets hot, the fans just start running on max. After about 1-2 hours of the computer being idle, it will start making this racket.

YouTube - MacBook Pro Right Side Fan Noise

I have a 3 year warranty, should i bring it in, or is this a quick fix...

Also posted this on macrumors.com too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
For how long have you been running the fans on max. revs with smcfancontrol ... to me it sounds like the fan is worn out and is about to die.
When it makes this sound, what revs is it running at ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
D
Reaction score
When i do run it on max, smc says 6000 revs. I stopped playing games on it a month ago, so since then it just pops up to 6k when im watching youtube or something, or else its at 2000. Other then that i would probably say that i was running them steady at 6k since about December.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
... I think the fans are worn out and need to be looked at, maybe even replaced.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
6000rpm, constantly running, is not a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually something in there too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.