Panther Question - Windows Shares - Storing Passwords

M

möbius

Is there anyway to get panther.9 to actually use the stored passwords for my windows/smb shares so that I don't have to put in the password everytime I access the share?

I have looked in my keychain, and the user/pass are there for my server, but I still have to enter them everytime. It gets quite annoying since I use a laptop and take it to different places, so the share becomes unmounted.

Could I maybe add some sort of authority file in my home directory and add the shares to mount in /etc/fstab ?

OP
M

möbius

So no one here can figure out an answer to this problem? I thought you guys were all gurus here. :black:

OP
W

werby

When you are at the log in screen, type in your user name and password, then click on the "Options..." button and make sure "Add password to Keychain" is checked, then click "Save Preferences", then OK, then finish logging on. Next time you try to log on the name and password fields should be filled out already, all you have to do is click OK.

It works for me to my Windows 2000 Server, but I am connecting using Appletalk, not SMB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.