World time zone manager

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Hi,

for my macbook I am using firefox browser, and seeking an addon as a world time zone manager or a website I can direct link to.

I need to see at an instant for 6 locations the time, date on a 24 hr style, maybe with a map, distances measured distances. Any other useful infos, could make the addon/website even more useful for my needs.

I have checked many related topics/addons on this. But most, appear to have spy software/ad pop-ups etc. I am seeking one that is secure, and stable to use.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're asking, but have you considered the World Clock widget in Dashboard? It seems like it would work perfectly for you; you can drag on as many as you want, set them for any time zone or city, and access them with one key press.

Edit: I forgot that you wanted a 24-hour clock; if you simply can't work without it, perhaps you could find a similar, even more suitable widget on Apple's download page. In fact, the featured widget of the day is a world clock!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Have you checked out the Firefox FoxClocks extension?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I've just installed the featured widget mentioned above and I find it too cluttered and also all the clocks I chose were an hour out!! Buenos Aires, Edinburgh, Sydney and Paris!!!!!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Nabl,

thank you for the link.

It was something on the line, that I was looking for. I wished it had more functionality to make it even more useful to meet my needs.

I just couldnt figure out, why I cant keep it on the dashboard as long I want it. After moving on around the screen, it keeps disappearing only to reappear again through the dashboard window!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi rogerinlondon/growlgrowl,

as for foxclock to solve the issue that you are facing you need most likely to adjust your system time to your clock time!

This one has many functionalities that I could need, but I cant locate some city names!

How were you able to delete it, I cant delete mine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Hey Nabl,

thank you for the link.

It was something on the line, that I was looking for. I wished it had more functionality to make it even more useful to meet my needs.

I just couldnt figure out, why I cant keep it on the dashboard as long I want it. After moving on around the screen, it keeps disappearing only to reappear again through the dashboard window!
I believe you're referring to the nature of Dashboard; it's only there when you need it. However, if you would like the widget to always stay on top, there is a way to keep it present persistently. Just follow these instructions. Alternatively, here's a video I made that will show you step by step what to do (following the same instructions, just played out).

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Time-zone manager

Hi,

thank you for the useful inside.

However, I got a message that I have a limited time left, and have to purchase it afterward the limited time is over.

As I indicated before, especially if I have to pay for it, I will want something to meet my needs through its functionality and features.

This addon has only, limited features that are useful to me!

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM
I believe you're referring to the nature of Dashboard; it's only there when you need it. However, if you would like the widget to always stay on top, there is a way to keep it present persistently. Just follow these instructions.

Good link and video too.

FWIW, for those that are Terminal Averse there is a check box in Onyx that allows you to enable the Dashboard Devmode.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i went for AION so i could personalise Menubar dropdown and have this;

Click for full size

krzysp.net - AION - downlaod

NB Time Calculator does not work in Leopard or Snow Leopard but rest does.

Hi,

thank you for the link.
But your link doesnt work, could you pls give me the proper name of this. So that, I can locate it easier on reliable download portals.

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The link is working fine. Perhaps the site was down when you tried it. Or try the main page - krzysp.net

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

I have tried already few times to access that link, but the page would not open; in fact its a blank page!

Anyone, accessed that link for the world time manager?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.