Magic Mouse - Which Batteries to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
With the mighty mouse my batteries just died. Yep the ones that came stock standard with the mouse are flat. And I want to know which batteries are best to get.

Should I get a couple of alkali's for about $7 for 2.
Or should I spend $10-$14 for 2 for the supposedly best lithum ones.
Or should I shell out about $30 for 4 rechargables and a charger?
Or are the standard cheapie ones at like $3 for 2 better value for money for the mouse?

I'm just not sure what batteries will be the most cost efficient for the mouse. Any advice here would be really helpful to me. And thanks in advance.

T

todd51

How long have you had your Magic Mouse? I have had mine for about 3-4 days and I noticed last night that my charge with stock batteries were still at 97%. Just curious how long it will take before they run down. I'm only using the computer for about 2-3 hours a day on average.

To answer your question, I woud just get some Energizer rechargeable batteries. They will always save you money in the long run.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thanks for the advice. I might just shell out the $30 for the charger and recharge the batteries over and over.

And I bought my mouse on the 30/10/09. So I've had the mouse for like roughly 18 days and the batteries are like at 10% now. The ones that came with the mouse. Mind you I am a pretty heavy user of the mouse. Like 12 hours a day. Mind you not just me, when I'm at work I sometimes bring the mouse along, they use it with their macbook while I cook in the kitchen. So a pretty heavy user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Rather than rechargeables, look for Energizer Lithium. if you PM me with your email will send you a link to cheap Lithiums, or do a search on ebay.com.au. On a mighty mouse, get two/three months and on the keyboard, current Lithiums been running since 17 February. Use about four hours per day and have never had a decent run from any brand rechargeables.

They stafrt well and just deteriorate over time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.