Ip Tracking

M

menace3054

My GF and I started an online business. One of our competitors continuously emails us from our contact page (its an php form on the site) pretending to be someone else asking brand info for our products. The next day, sure enough, she sells the same items. The problem is, she keeps making new hotmail accounts daily to do this. Does anyone know code i can stick in the asp page that will log people's ip addresses so that I can see if it is comming from the same person? thanks

the contact form is located at
www.imapreciouspup.com/contact.htm

the php is

www.imapreciouspup.com/contact.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Not sure of any code but you can get the IP address from the e-mail itself by viewing the raw source (In mail go to View -> Message -> Raw Source)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That's horrible. Just do the something back to her, maybe she'll get the idea. :spook:

OP
M

menace3054

trpnmonkey41 said:
Not sure of any code but you can get the IP address from the e-mail itself by viewing the raw source (In mail go to View -> Message -> Raw Source)

the only problem i run into with that is that the IP from the email says my host, since they are the one's who end up sending it through the .php file. i got excited for a minute there :) thanks for the reply though, anyone else have any ideas?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What did you do to resolve the problem. Someone else may come along with the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.