Trouble connecting two macbooks to new virgin Dlink wireless network!!

Reaction score
Hi guys, hopefully someone could help me as i've noticed some similar threads on here!

I have just attempted to set up my new wireless internet in my new home, we're using Virgin Media with D-link router. We have three macbooks in the house and one new mac desktop. I have successfully connected my own laptop to the internet (this is the one i set up the majority of the internet settings on) We have created the name and set it to WPA security with the key following the instructions from the DLink manual and as far as I can see have done everything they state correctly. The connection is perfect on my own macbook, but the other two older macbooks pick up the network successfully enter the key and both say full connection yet will not connect to the net.

They both have the message "Airport is connected to the network '..' Airport has a self assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet'

At the moment this is the only thing that sticks out to me as an issue I really can't see why else it isn't working. I am not totally familiar with all this so if anyone can offer any help I would reaaaaaally appreciate it alot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.