Is there an “F5” button on a MacBook Pro

Reaction score
On a normal PC “F5” is the key to refresh a webpage. Is there an equivalent on a new MacBook Pro?

I am scared of the “F” keys on any computer!!! :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
On Firefox and Safari ⌘R refreshes the page

F5 also seems to work for Firefox, but not Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I always learn something new on these forums! Cheers louishe!

OP
Bahja
Reaction score
What about a Mac version do “ctr/-alt-delete” to shut down programmes that have froze?

OP
Bahja
Reaction score
What about a Mac version do “ctr/-alt-delete” to shut down programmes that have froze?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
And although I do recommend looking through the list linked by Eric, the specific keyboard shortcut you're asking about is Option-Command-Escape, which opens the Force Quit dialog (it's also available under the Apple menu:  → Force Quit…). If you're looking for process information similar to that given by Task Manager in Windows, open Activity Monitor with Spotlight or from your Utilities folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
And although I do recommend looking through the list linked by Eric, the specific keyboard shortcut you're asking about is Option-Command-Escape, which opens the Force Quit dialog (it's also available under the Apple menu: *→*Force Quit…). If you're looking for process information similar to that given by Task Manager in Windows, open Activity Monitor with Spotlight or from your Utilities folder.

As an addition to this, when you click Force Quit, it will quit. Works every time when you don't get your way with an application.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You can also Force Quit applications from that Activity Monitor if you have it open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM
As with nearly everything in OSX there are several ways to do something.

You can also Force Quit an application by Right Clicking it in the Dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.