mac mini

D

diim

I was just wondering with the mini how would you chat via voice with it, There is a head phone jack but that's it. Will iChat not work? I'm thinking of picking one up. Ohhh and can the combo drive be updated to a super drive? I mean in time. Or do you have to buy it with a superdrive?

Hope these question are not that stupid!

Thanks.

OP
K

Kokopelli

I would either get the bluetooth module and use a Jabra headset or get an iMic with a conventional microphone.

There are 3d part sellers who have compatible superdrives but personally I would get an external DVD burner instead.

OP
D

diim

Well in the specs it says built in speaker, do you think that would be like the eMac where is can capture your voice?

Kokopelli said:
I would either get the bluetooth module and use a Jabra headset or get an iMic with a conventional microphone.

There are 3d part sellers who have compatible superdrives but personally I would get an external DVD burner instead.

OP
K

Kokopelli

Not really. Everything I have read says that the internal speaker is not useful for anything but notifications. Since the Mini does not come with a line in you need some other way to connect a mic. The likely candidates are an iMic, Bluetooth, or an iSight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.