Time/date/battery life/sound..etc not showing up in menu bar

Reaction score
I bought a powerbook to use while my macbook is down and can't seem to figure out how to get these items to appear on the finder menu bar. I have tried going through system preferences to check mark "show in status bar" but it seems they unckeck themselves. Any help would be appreciated. I tried searching and found a few threads with the same problem but never a resolution. If this is not the correct section for this question will a mod please move it.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What happens if u shut it down and restart later with the power adaptor connected and on - also what OS r u using? Seem to recall first Powerbook coming out in 1991 - which one did u get?

OP
E
Reaction score
Well it restarts, I think like normal, however there is a short period where the screen is all blue with just a folder in the middle of the screen. It then reboots like normal. It is a 17" powerbook G4 running the latest version of Tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.