MSN not working @ school

Reaction score
It works at home perfectly fine, but when I go to school it does not. I can connect to the school internet just fine, and browse websites as well. The university has not blocked MSN, since i see others (on macbooks) connecting to MSN. Could it have anything to do with my settings? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

PS: Please don't suggest Adium, it is what I am currently using at school but I HATE it.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what there is to hate about Adium really. It is far superior to MSN Messenger in every shape or form. With that said, though, I used to have this issue in my previous school. MSN Messenger didn't work, and neither did Adium. What I usually did was to use web-based chat clients to log on to MSN. Some recommendations would be ebuddy as well as meebo. Good luck.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Yah many people have this problem apparently, is there any way it can be fixed through the settings or something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.