from word 07 to pages 09

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 5.1 (2.66GHz Intel Core 2Duo)
I wrote my thesis in word 07 in my previous computer, now I am working with pages 09 in my macbook pro and when I try opening the document everything just goes mad, the pictures change size, the margins are modified... I really don't know what to do...I was told that both pages and word were compatible, but it doesn't seem so. Does anyone have a solution that is not going back to work on a windows pc or having to buy windows office for mac that is almost double the price of iwork....

thanks a lot for all help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately iWork09 Pages does not provide 100% compatibility for all Office files including Word. Some things are not going to transfer over faithfully. Are you saving your Word 2007 file in the *.DOC or *.DOCX file format? If you're using the XML format (DOCX) I suggest going back and do a re-save as DOC and then try again.

By the way, the Home and Student version of Office 2008 can be purchased for as little as $99.95 from several web sellers. That version includes Word, PP, Excel and Entourage and can be installed on up to three Macs belonging to you.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
There are always free alternatives like NeoOffice (neooffice.org) and OpenOffice (openoffice.org). I use both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.