Photo management question

Reaction score
I have been searching and searching for great photo management software for days. What I am looking to do is have a photo manager that doesn't create a library duplicating all of my original photos. I have 30GB of photos on my computer. I import them to iphoto or aperture and it turns that 30GB into 60GB. So yes, I suppose my question is this, "Is there a photo management program that will just use my original photos in there original folders and not create a huge duplicate library?"

thanks

Never mind, I'm going to use Adobe Bridge. It works like a charm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I have been searching and searching for great photo management software for days. What I am looking to do is have a photo manager that doesn't create a library duplicating all of my original photos. I have 30GB of photos on my computer. I import them to iphoto or aperture and it turns that 30GB into 60GB. So yes, I suppose my question is this, "Is there a photo management program that will just use my original photos in there original folders and not create a huge duplicate library?"

thanks

Never mind, I'm going to use Adobe Bridge. It works like a charm

You don't have to duplicate photos in iPhoto. There is an option in Preferences to not copy them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.