i'm an idiot. spilled juice on keyboard

S

slinkychicken

Yes yes I know... :(

So, my question is.... can I pop the keys of to clean them?

Or is there anything else i can do?

Also my mouse track pad click thingy is sticy too.....

why oh why... my poor ibook :(

Any help will be Appreciated!

Tina

Reaction score
You could take the entire keyboard off and run it under some water. Do a search for 'cleaning keyboards', some people will actually put then in a dishwasher to clean them. All you have to do is make sure it is 100% dry before using it again. Personally I would see this as a last resort, only try it if you would consider the keyboard ruined in its current state.

OP
D

dstyrk

Couldn't they just remove the battery and soak it in fresh water. Let completely dry before attempting to turn on, still be useable?

OP
J

JSchultz

dstyrk said:
Couldn't they just remove the battery and soak it in fresh water. Let completely dry before attempting to turn on, still be useable?

unfortunately, cleaning any sort of liquid that has sugar or such in it, is hard to clean up. I spilled soda on my ibook keyboard, and went through **** trying to pop the keys off and clean up. now some of the keys sit funny, and the spacebar never quite went back on right.

I ended up buying a brand new keyboard.

best of luck!

Reaction score
mynameis said:
You could take the entire keyboard off and run it under some water. Do a search for 'cleaning keyboards', some people will actually put then in a dishwasher to clean them. All you have to do is make sure it is 100% dry before using it again. Personally I would see this as a last resort, only try it if you would consider the keyboard ruined in its current state.
OMG! TO FUNNY!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm the king of spilling things in my iBook keyboard. Just take off the keys from left to right or right to left, it doesn't matter. Use rubbing alcohol on the keys to get the stuff off. Make sure you observe how the keys come off, because they sometimes don't go on as easily as some have said here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
I know this won't help you, or any of those who are washing their keyboards at this second, but http://www.iskin.com sells really thin really tight skins that adhere to the keyboard and that make them idiot-proof. I am considering one because, while I never spilt anything on the Mac's, one of my PCs' keyboards had a dreadful life (from yogurt to tippex...) and, really, I would like to preserve the Mac before it's too late...

Reaction score
Stephanella said:
I know this won't help you, or any of those who are washing their keyboards at this second, but http://www.iskin.com sells really thin really tight skins that adhere to the keyboard and that make them idiot-proof. I am considering one because, while I never spilt anything on the Mac's, one of my PCs' keyboards had a dreadful life (from yogurt to tippex...) and, really, I would like to preserve the Mac before it's too late...
I for one, am getting that keyboard cover thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.