CD wont eject

Reaction score
I have a macbook that i bought in may or so. A cd is stuck in the cd drive and wont come out...it shows it on startup, then when i try to eject it, it makes the noise and then you can hear it about to come out, then stops. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I had what sounds like the same problem with my old Macbook. Sometimes the drive can get nudged out of alignment, causing the CD to eject into the side of the case. You can fix this by carefully sticking a screwdriver into the slot and bringing the drive back into alignment. This sounds a bit unorthodox, but trust me, it works. I actually learned it from one of the Apple Geniuses.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
my cd tray gets stuck sometimes, i just hit the side where the tray is and it becomes unstuck. But if you ever insert a disc and it wont eject, just reboot and hold the "spacebar" down while it reboots and the cd will eject upon boot of OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.