Advice on which printer to get for my macbook

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a printer for my 3 year old macbook.

Im not sure if i should get a canon or an epson.

I'm basically going to use it for printing documents.

I'm shopping around, but would like some opinions on what others use and what's the best bang for my buck.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I use a canon ip series and am extremely impressed with the quality of print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u are going to be thinking scanning and a Multifunction i would suggest Brother. Have sold my Canon MP760 and now have scanning with either of 2 iMacs wirelessly using a Brother MFC 885. Some Canons give issues some don't so do your homework.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
I have a good experience with Epson on Macs. Their support line was exceptional when I had issues on a Macbook with Tiger. But then, this was back in 2006.

I also recommend going to Best Buy or any electronic store, and print test pages before making a decision.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Buying a printer isn't as easy as just picking a brand. There is a lot more to it than that. Compatibility is one thing, paper sizes is another, and of course what type of printer. IE. Inkjet, or laser.

If you print things with a lot of text than laser is what you need.

Inkjet if you do stuff with photos and you need colors to be accurate.

Then there is the cost of ink/toner. Which people don't want to really fuss or think about but it does mater in the long run.

True story: I spent 400 dollars printing a book in full color on my Epson R1900. With that 400 bucks I could have bought another R1900. >_>"

My advice would be to research these things, so you know what you need. Then when you get to the store you know exactly what to look for, and not spend hours looking at printers.

I would go to PC world, they have a how to buy a printer section there. Along with reviews on different printers and you can pick and choose different specifications and read the reviews, plus where to buy.

Reaction score
I just picked up an Epson 3 in 1, wireless and am very impressed with it. It has been on sale at Best Buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.