MacBook Airport Password Locked

Reaction score
So, lightning struck the house and killed all the electronics inside. We had to get a new wireless router, so the password changed. Unfortunately, my MacBook airport automatically uses the old password, and I can't figure out how to change it to the new one. I've tried turning the airport off and then back on, and restarting the computer, but it still signs in automatically. The bars are showing up as if it's connected, but it's not connecting to the internet. I tried Network Preferences to see if I could change the password there, but it just pops open a window without password options.

Any ideas? And thank you in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to completely remove the old connection and start over with a new one. (create a new one) You'll also have to use the "keychain" application to remove the old password which is being remembered by the system.

Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain.app

Find your old connection and completely delete the entry from the keychain.

After setting up a new connection and password you should be able to log on automatically as before.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.