Having trouble recording in Garageband.

Reaction score
I have a usb mixer and I sing over an arrangement I made in Garageband. The problem is it's a little out of time! When I play it back there was split second difference between what I sang and how it was recorded. I try to sync it up but it's a heck of a lot of work. I've used protools and it was right on the money. Can Garageband apply my vocals in the right place as I sing them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
That's very weird, the only thing i can think of is that there is a time delay between the mixer and your computer. The trouble is once its recorded theres not much to do besides nudging each section to try and fit, but that requires that everything you sang be exactly off time for each word you sing...
I know the last thing you want to do is rerecord the vocals but try this first- Hopefully the arrangement you made is in matched to a tempo? if it is, select the vocal track, and in the edit window on the left side should be a time correction slider, try using that and select it to a big window of time, like quarter note; if not eighth note. hope fully it will take the words to your vocals and line them up with the tempo marks.
If everything fails you're just going to have to rerecord it.. i know how much it sucks.
Hope it works out...i mainly use protools but if there's a misunderstanding ill double check the GB stuff. goodluck
=Jmurr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.