Dual monitor or single widescreen display?

Reaction score
Hi, i am coming from a PC background and moving over to macs as my PC has recently died.
For the last 5 years i have always used a dual display for my PC and find it greatly increases productivity as i can view and use multiple applications at the same time.
My job is a multimedia designer, so it helps having flash on one screen and email on the other for example.

My original plan was to keep this setup and maybe purchase 2 * 19/20inch montitors powered from a power mac.

However, this kind of setup doesn't appear to be available on the apple site as they are pushing their widerscreens rahter than the smaller varients.
But 2 * 24 inch widescreen monitors would be too much for my desk.

Would be interested to hear from those with a similar experience as to whether i should still stick with the idea of dual monitors or just settle for a single widescreen?

Thanks in advace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See "Signature".
What type of video card do you have? Will you be needing dual DVI? DVI + VGA? ADC + DVI? This depends more on the configuration of your machine and your needs than anything else.

Reaction score
I am thinking similarly - I am considering a 21.5" iMac with a 2nd Samsung 23" Multisync (or similar) for my next work machine.

OP
B
Reaction score
I was just going to buy the standard graphics card that comes with the mac form the apple store.
I think that is # NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
Doesn't that already support dual monitors?
And whether it's DVI or VGA, can't i just get adapters to fit the leads so either will fit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
I run a 24" imac and a 23" Apple Cinema display and it ROCKS.

I've posted this a few times, sorry to those that are tired of it :)

web.jpg

Dual is GREAT.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Dual is the way to go. It doesn't really matter how big a single widescreen is, because even with the massive resolution, you can still only really fit so much readable material on a single screen.

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering, does the fact that the NVidia GeForce 120 has a dual channel DVI port and a mini display port which can be connected to a dual channel DVI adapter mean you can connect 4 (non apple) DVI displays to a single card? Or does the card only support two displays despite its apparent ability?

eso

Reaction score
I'm setting up a new Graphics/Cad station around a Pro 2.66gHz quad core with an Nvidia GeForce 7300GT Graphics card. Due to limited real estate on my desk I would like to use a 22-24" 16:9 screen as a primary with an 18-20" 4:3 as a secondary.

Will that card support the two different aspect ratios?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.