Macbook Charger

Reaction score
Well today I noticed that in one part of my macbook charger the wire is peeling. You can't see any of the wires underneath but some of the white is peeling off. Is this a big deal? Also my Macbook is about 5 months old and I got it at Best Buy. I got a warranty so would I be able to get another charger for free do you think? I don't think this should happen to the cord after only 5 months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
It doesn't hurt to go in and see what they tell you. :)

Reaction score
Well, maybe you could post a picture here or something. However, since you can't see the wire and everything, it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. Like somebody said before me, just bring the charger down to the Apple Store and see if warranty will cover it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can take it back to either Apple Store or Best Buy.

OP
E
Reaction score
I got a warranty from Best Buy so how would that work at the Apple Store?

OP
E
Reaction score
Oh, thanks. So how will they know that its still under warranty? By the serial number?

Reaction score
Oh, thanks. So how will they know that its still under warranty? By the serial number?

Yep. And you have records in their database on when and where you bought it, so they know when your warranty will end. In my country, they usually just ask for my name and other personal information to search through a database.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

That is correct :)

Kind of good for you too because if one place decides not to replace it you can always go and ask the other one :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.