Powerbook G4 Charger

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to get a new powerbook g4 charger since mine is hardly working at the moment. I have looked all over the internet and tried to do my own research to answer my questions, but most of the threads out there are fairly old.

The model number of my charger is A1021 (65W) charger.

I searched google and ebay and found a few here and there - some refurbished originals, some aftermarket. Id rather not go aftermarket as I have read that some of them were not that great of quality. Id also rather not have to spend 80 bucks on a new one from apple since my laptop is fairly old.

My question is - does anyone know about the refurbished units? are they any good?

and - i found this link to this ebay store with one that claims to be original and new - but its only 39 bucks with free shipping - seems a little fishy...

65W AC Adapter 4 Apple PowerBook iBOOK G4 A1021 Genuine - eBay (item 180428697985 end time Dec-05-09 01:42:33 PST)

anyone with any experience in getting new chargers - or advice you can give me, it would be greatly appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks OK to me. Just be sure to use PayPal or a credit card and of course check the seller's rating before you buy.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
I would try these guys .. they are in Colorado but also have an ebay store... last time I checked with them they had the powerbook 65w power supplies.. and they were not toooo expensive.. but I also have a good working relationship with them .. so not sure what the shipping and prices they may give you.

But its worth a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And to have a +99% rating with so many transactions is a good recommendation. As chscag advised, pay with PayPal. Worth signing up for a PayPal account for the protection it offers, if you do not have one.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Interesting my PowerBook G4 charger is 85W. I use my wifes iBook charger which I believe is 65W, since mine is dead. The iBook charger take longer to charge the battery. Just wanted to let you know.

Then again I have the Mercury PowerBook G4, that may make a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.