Reccomendations for Home Publishing Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I'm looking for some software to do some home publishing. I need to be able to work with Avery and other types of labels. I also need to be able to do greeting card work. I'd like to also be able to print some decent looking flyers and/or newsletters. I've looked at the products from Broderbund and Nova Devlelopment...but I'm hesitant to make a choice without some more objective information. Does anyone have some experience with these types of programs? I'd love to hear some opinions and suggestions. TIA

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
<TONGUE-IN-CHEEK>Ummm...thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll just try the broderbund product. I appreciate everyone's comment.</TONGUE-IN-CHEEK>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would recommend Pages for that kind of work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Also, consider RagTime Solo. For personal use it is a free download. I have used it off and on for the past two years. Very capable program.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! I'll give RagTime a try. Free's hard to beat. I'm just wondering though will it allow me to print on Avery Labels fairly easily? (I've had a booger of a time working with them in windows in the past...I mainly do the mailing labels, DVD labels, some other small labels that we use in the house to keep our folders of junk in some kind of understandable order)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
mcsenerd said:
Thanks! I'll give RagTime a try. Free's hard to beat. I'm just wondering though will it allow me to print on Avery Labels fairly easily? (I've had a booger of a time working with them in windows in the past...I mainly do the mailing labels, DVD labels, some other small labels that we use in the house to keep our folders of junk in some kind of understandable order)

I've only ever used Photoshop or Word to do that. Both of which are a little expensive.

[EDIT: Apparently, you can do this from an AppleWorks database. http://www6.district125.k12.il.us/staffdev/tutorial/DBlabelsAW6.html]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.