help me out plz

H

helljustfrzovr

heres my situation. im lookin for a laptop for college but im undecided on what to get. im nearly 100% sure i want an mac laptop. i plan on using it for games and whatnot as well as school work. i want it to be able to play games online and as smoothly as possible. i have a budget of about 1.5k to spend on one (a little more is ok). which would u suggest that i get.

ty in advance

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy an Apple if you are really into games, the support number of titles aren't there and most of the good ones come later than their PC version.

An Apple laptop for your portable stuff with a PC desktop for gaming isn't a bad idea if you don't mind having 2 computers.

OP
J

jn4jenny

Ditto the last poster's advice. Apple laptops are fantastic and I adore my Powerbook, but they are NOT a good choice for gamers. Very limited selection of games and even more limited online capability. Have a look at the pithy game software offerings at www.apple.com/store and you'll see what we mean.

Buy yourself a PC laptop with a really fantastic graphics card.

For $1500, you could get a heck of a PC laptop.
helljustfrzovr said:
heres my situation. im lookin for a laptop for college but im undecided on what to get. im nearly 100% sure i want an mac laptop. i plan on using it for games and whatnot as well as school work. i want it to be able to play games online and as smoothly as possible. i have a budget of about 1.5k to spend on one (a little more is ok). which would u suggest that i get.

ty in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
there are quite a few games for the mac , but the powerbooks prolly cannot handle some of the graphics but http://www.apple.com/games/features/ to the right are a huge list of games and allot of them are really popular , im sure the powerbook would handle most of them but i wouldent count on doom 3 running fluidly on the 12 incher , because it only has 64 meg ram but the 17 incher would run them games fine . the 9700 is a decent card for ati , even though im an nvidia guy it'll still support most if not all of those games ,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.