any browser freezes every 5 min for about 1 min

Reaction score
So I had my Macbook Pro since summer. This is the newest 13inch model.

I'm having problems with Safari, well any browser actually.
It freezes every 5 min for about 1 min. When ever I'm
on the internet. The little rainbow circle appears and my
mac freezes. This is very frustrating. Sometimes I redownload
safari and it works properly for about 3 hours. And that starts
again. Any idea what this it?

These are my specs -

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Odd symptom. The only thing I can think of that runs on a five minute schedule is Mail's automatic retrieval if set to every five minutes. Check your Mail setting, and go to Manual. See if that makes a difference. I guess it's possible that Mail is having trouble connecting with the server and that is interfering with Safari's performance.

OP
S
Reaction score
I had problems with Mail. So I deleted it. And it's not exactly 5 min. Like sometimes it doesn't freeze for 30 min. But sometimes every 2 min.

Reaction score
Hey, I purchased my new macbook (aluminium) as well around the same date... June 2009. And since like 3 months i have to restart it every say 4 hours cus he start running slow. Also when he just started up and 1st time i open safari it takes very long to load. I am thinkinhg its a memory problem. just did a advanced hardwarecheck on startup (with dvd that comes with the mac) and froze as well. I also noticed the fact i have 2Gb memory, but when i open isat (widgets), when i add up the memorysection (wired, active, inactive, etc.) i end up around 1.7Gb. That seems odd to me while with my previous macbook it was exact 2Gb... Can you look at this as well and add the figures up and see how much u got? I'm starting to think this are some memory failures...

Reaction score
Anyone else with the same problem?

btw, it seemes to me it started after an update in september and another friend of mine has the slowing thing as well on her laptop, and it seemed to her it started as well after that update. However this can be pure coincidence.

Greets!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.