I Have Dell Jukebox? How can I upload music to it using my mac

M

macmini4life3

Hello,

I recently bought a mac mini. I previously owned a dell jukebox and have been uploading it on my families PC...However I would like to be able to upload music to it on my mac...how can this be done?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would imagine that you could only use it as an external HD on the Mac. As far as I can tell there is no program for the Mac that will be able to read the music files from it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd say sell that thing on eBay and buy an iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
It's funny. Every ignorant person called Apple the proprietary one. Apple wrote software so that the iPod could connect to both Windows and Macs. Yet Dell, Microsoft, etc only write stuff for the PC. The world is a funny place eh?

OP
M

macmini4life3

schweb said:
I'd say sell that thing on eBay and buy an iPod.

Yea! I would like to...however i want and Ipod mini which costs about 150 and i don't know how much this thing would sell for...it's nice however the uploading is a pain...since i have to keep the music on a different comp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
have you tried iTunes yet? i have a Rio s35s, i know they are way different, and plugged it right in and was able to load it. check it out

Reaction score
ApplejustWorks said:
It's funny. Every ignorant person called Apple the proprietary one. Apple wrote software so that the iPod could connect to both Windows and Macs. Yet Dell, Microsoft, etc only write stuff for the PC. The world is a funny place eh?

hmmm maybe it's bc the pc market is 90% and apple only holds like 10%, so why would microsoft and dell waste money on that when there is barely anyone out of the 10% of apple users that would actually use their stuff on their mac. they are smart and not wasting money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm stupid. Forgot to eat cookie

Reaction score
ApplejustWorks said:
Maybe it's because that other 90% of PC users are just like you

hmmm right since i own a pc...just saying the reality of it all. it would be a waste of money for them to make it compatible with apple. apple users aren't going to buy a freakin dell dj, that's just common sense. we have the ipod. so if APPLE made the ipod ONLY compatible with mac's they wouldn't sell for crap bc apple is like only 10% of the market of computers.hence they make a huge profit if they made them compatible with windows....if they didn't they wouldn't be where they are today. must be hard for you to comprehend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rmhop81 said:
hmmm right since i own a pc...just saying the reality of it all. it would be a waste of money for them to make it compatible with apple. apple users aren't going to buy a freakin dell dj, that's just common sense. we have the ipod. so if APPLE made the ipod ONLY compatible with mac's they wouldn't sell for crap bc apple is like only 10% of the market of computers.hence they make a huge profit if they made them compatible with windows....if they didn't they wouldn't be where they are today. must be hard for you to comprehend.

actually, I understand perfectly. I'm so terribly sorry for my rudeness. I'm not ordinarily like that, I must have not eaten my cookie. ;)

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
A bit messy but I installed iTunes on the XP, converted and added the WMP music into iTunes, then sent them to the Mac (via e mail as they are not connected.) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.