Need to uninstall Parallels & Windows XP

Reaction score
Please help. I no longer want to use Parallels and Windows XP on my macbook pro, and would like to completely wipe their presence from my machine. I did not install them myself (big mistake) so I never felt like I got the feel of the ins and outs of it for myself. It's just more trouble than it's worth. But, I'm not sure how to go about it. I know there is an uninstall feature on the Parallets .dmg, but do I uninstall Windows first? I just feel really unsure about something that should be simple. I would so appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Reaction score
It's really quite easy. The Windows machine is actually contained within a file with .PVM or .PVS file extension. By default parallels stores the virtual machine files under the users /library folder.

Once you delete the parallels program, you need to also delete the .PVS or .PVM file which contains the whole windows virtual machine...nothing to "uninstall" on the windows side. Delete the virtual machine file from the Mac and it's gone.

Enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.