Why can't i drag and drop?

Reaction score
I can drag and drop movies and music from my external hard drive into my Mac, but i can’t drag and drop a new album from Iphoto into my external hard drive.

Help please.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
You misunderstand the operation of iPhoto. The images in iPhoto are kept in a Library maintained by iPhoto. The albums are only available within a Library. If you want iPhoto images on your external HD, you need to create a new iPhoto library on that drive. You can do that by holding down the Option key while booting up iPhoto. That will give you the option to create the new library, and that's also how you tell iPhoto which library to use when opening the app.

OP
Bahja
Reaction score
You misunderstand the operation of iPhoto. The images in iPhoto are kept in a Library maintained by iPhoto. The albums are only available within a Library. If you want iPhoto images on your external HD, you need to create a new iPhoto library on that drive. You can do that by holding down the Option key while booting up iPhoto. That will give you the option to create the new library, and that's also how you tell iPhoto which library to use when opening the app.

Thank you. :D

I have only owned a MacBook Pro 2/3 weeks so it’s all new to me and i am not a techie person when it comes to any sort of computer.

I’ll give it a go later.

Thanks again :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.