Leopard woes

Reaction score
My daughter brought home one of her fellow teacher's school laptops yesterday. Seems she accidentally shut down while trying to update itunes. When she tried to start up again, she got a grey screen that said to restart the computer. It has in the background there is a panic screen with an error code of 0x00000010 and a Mac OS Version not yet set message. This was followed by the kernel version.

Here is the real problem. She does not have the original disks and all I have are snow leopard disks. Any ideas? I'd like to fix this for her by Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
What happens when you follow through with the instructions on the screen and restart the computer? I experienced that a week or two ago, and I followed through the instructions and my Macbook booted up just fine.

Reaction score
I am not an expert, so you really should wait for somebody else to reply to this thread. But from my very limited understanding of Kernel Panics, it seems like it has been fried.

Reaction score
I think Apple should throw in a restart/shutdown/log off lock out during updates.

It sounds as if Mac OS X isn't liking the "partial update" to iTunes. Do you have the rest of the code?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
If you have FireWire and another computer to connect to, you can do a Target Boot with the one that is not working (boot up while holding "T") while connected via firewire. The Mac should show up as an external HD. That is a good way to access the files, at least.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to all replies. I don't have the rest of the codes but I am going to try the firewire connection tomorrow. I'll let you know how that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.