mac recognizes cd tracks while windows does not...

Reaction score
I am really confused, because I was putting some cds into my downstairs windows computer and they were all unknown unless hooked up to the internet to get the data using windows media. Even opening the folder showed that it was nothing but track 1.cda

but on my mac opening the cd folder tells you the cd name/tracks and does NOT need to be connected to the internet to the know it, so I am baffled.

plus I don't believe it grabs all the stuff the itunes get info tab knows.... by default even before you burn the cd

I need to make a master of my own cd to send to a duplicator, and can get my cd to have all the tracks/band name/ composer data on mac...... but I am just curious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
Y
Reaction score
I am trying to make a cd of my personal .wav files in itunes to send to a duplicator, and it needs to retain the band name tracks, and the add/ info like composer,

so an audio cd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.