A Cuckoo Application?

Reaction score
Every hour, on the hour, my Macbook Pro does this annoying Cuckoo thing. I have no clue what it is! I want it to stop! I'm new to using Macs so I have no clue what's going on. I think I've had this laptop for almost 2 months now and it only started doing that recently(within the last month). I think it may be an application, but no applications that I have (that I know of), have any sort of alarm. Please, someone help me with my crazy cuckoo clock computer!

Reaction score
Go to System Preferences > Date & Time, and see if the "Announce the time" check box has been checked. If it is, uncheck it.

OP
S
Reaction score
I already tried that and I have it set to having no alarm go off. It still cuckoos, but the strange thing is that it will start cuckooing at about 5 usually and will go every hour until the computer is shut down. Sometimes though, it'll start earlier than that and keep going every hour.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.