RAM Upgrade

Reaction score
I recently bought my RAM and installed it as well. I purchased the RAMs from Crucial, but I bought it off Amazon.com instead, which is cheaper. Anyway, even if you don't buy from the website itself, they tell you exactly which RAM is suitable for your Mac based on the model. The website is RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com, and it really helped me out. If you are still unsure, you can download a scanner from the site for free, and it will scan your Mac and tell you exactly what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
H
Reaction score
As far as I know the specs are correct. From my About This Mac info:

Mac OSX Version 10.4.11
Processor: 1.07 GHz Power PC G4
Memory: 256 MB built in

12 inch iBook G4

I scanned the mac with Crucial's software previously and got this information:

Maximum memory capacity: 1280 MB
Currently installed memory: 256 MB
Available memory slots: 0
Total memory slots: 1
Dual Channel support: 0
CPU family: Power PC G4 (1.1) 1.07 GHz
CPU speed: 1070 MHz

The recommendation (with the largest memory) from the company was a 1GB, DDR PC 2700, 200 pin SODIMM.

Harry why do you think that my Mac will not be able to support a 1GB RAM upgrade? If it does, I'm looking to get the best performance available and hoping to not have to spend more than about £30. Is there much difference between the companies, ie Kingston, Corsair, Crucial etc, (if the specs are the same) in terms of performance? If so, which should I go for?

Thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.